Try something new this Easter! This 20-minute gluten-free, vegan recipe is a tasty, fresh start to the Easter countdown!
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, rinse and drained
- 1/4 cup yellow onions, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt (or add salt to taste)
- 3 TBS brown rice flour
- 4 TBS olive oil (for pan-frying)
Measuring is easy with our Smart 8-in-1 Measuring Spoon
- In a food processor, blend the chickpeas, onions, basil, garlic cloves, curry powder, cumin, and salt together until well incorporated.
- Pour the contents into a mixing bowl and stir in the brown rice flour with our Smart Whisk.
- Heat a frying pan or skillet with 2 tablespoons of oil over medium to medium-high heat.
- Scoop out about a tablespoon of the mixture for each falafel.
- Fry each side for about 3 minutes. Add an extra minute to the frying time if you want the falafel to be browned more.
- Store refrigerated in an airtight container.
Enjoy your springtime fresh meal!!